Glorian Corleis d'Orien
Delusional Cleric OR Greatest Paladin in Service
Class/Lvl: Cleric4/Ordained Champion3/Radiant Servant3
Religion: Dol Arrah
- Basic Statistics
|M||32||Human||M||6’1||200||Blue||Black||Tan||Least Mark of Passage|
|Ability||Mod||HP: 98||Speed: 20|
|Str: 16||+3||AC: 21||Touch: 12|
|Dex: 14||+2||Inish: +2||Flat Footed: 19|
|Base Atk: +8 / +3||Grapple: +11|
|Save||Base||A. Mod||M. Mod||Misc|
- Least Dragonmark(Passage)
- Dragonmark Prodigy
- Extra Turning
- Action Surge
- Spontaneous Domain
- Power Attack
Special Abilities / Class Features
- Divine Spellcasting
- Turn Undead
- Ordained Champion Features
- Extra Domain
- Combat Feats
- Modified Spontaneous Casting
- Channel Spell
- Divine Bulwark
- Radiant Servant Features
- Extra Greater Turning
- Divine Health
- Empowered Healing
- Aura of Warding
|+1 Intercepting Halbard||+13 / +8||1d10+5||20(x3)||N/A||S/P||Oil Chamber|
|The Fist||+12 / +7||1d4+4||20(x2)||N/A||P/B||Adamantine|
|Spiked Chain||+12 / +7||2d4+5||20(x2)||10’ Reach||P/B||Adamantine|
|Armor||Type||AC Bonus||Max Dex||Check||Spell Fail||Speed||Weight|
|+1 Nimble Full Plate of Agility||H||+9||+2||-3||35%||20||50|
Born on Zol, 24 of Aryth, the month of passage, in the year 966; considered an auspicious birth for a child of House Orien, but if anyone had contemplated the planar activity of the date they would’ve thought it far more than auspicious. With Shavarth the Battleground and Lamannia the Twilight Forest nearly coterminous and strong influence of Fernia the Sea of Fire, Kythri the Churning Chaos, and Xoriat the Realm of Madness it is no wonder he is aggressive in action, impulsively decisive and stubborn in belief to point of being impossible. A member of the Corleis family, he grew up in Passage, the city of Orien in Aundair; his was a privileged life being groomed for business but what he wanted more than anything was the life of a hero like that of his thrice great uncle Sir Breyton of Dol Arrah. Though he had died an old man in 900YK, long before Glorian was born, he did it a hero fighting Karrnathi undead and the Order of the Emerald Claw. The young scion’s obsession was total and complete. His studies in business could’nt hold his attention for more than a moment and he was a nearly constant nuisance staging mock battles, challenging guards to duels and attempting to root out “evil” particularly in his nanny. For this reason his family easily gave him their blessing to join the church of Dol Arrah.
At the Seminary
According to Glorian
A recounting of important events from Glorian’s perspective
Glorian’s Dream Journal
Glorian has a number of dreams he considers prophetic and takes them as divine mandate doing all he can to make them a reality and thus reinforce his beliefs in the eyes of others
Glorian’s 100 Questions
Part 1: The Basics
1. What is your full name?
Do you know who the F@#! I am
2. Where and when were you born?
In the city of Passage, Aundair; 24 of Aryth, 966
3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
Gavrin Corleis d’Orien: a stern businessman; he is a high standing member of the Couriers Guild running the main office in Passage
Levini Corleis d’Orien: a somewhat aloof courtly lady; as a high born lady and wife of a prominent bureaucrat she spends her time maintaining the estate and organizing parties
4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
I’m the youngest of three, the eldest Erben is truly our father’s son, they are nearly identical in manner and he currently pilots a lightning rail; next comes my sister Flerentia a strict no nonsense woman who studied at Morgrave and now practices law in Sharn.
5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
In the Church of the Sovereign Host with a bunch of stuffy old regular clerics
6. What is your occupation?
Vanquisher of evil, bringer of light, protector of good…in a word paladin…ooo I’m a gladiator too
7. Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
I am a tall man of a muscular build with piercing blue eyes and jet black hair cut shorn. Typically I wear heavy armor emblazoned with the symbol of Dol Arrah but sometimes I enjoy a night out in the finery I was accustomed to back in Aundair though I always bring my holy symbol on a chain around my neck. On my upper left arm I carry the mark of passage and on the lower I now have a brand, telling all who see it I am Bloodbound of the Red Ring in Stormreach and belonging to the Ivory Horns stable.
8. To which social class do you belong?
I come from a wealthy family and have fine tastes
9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
No, I am strong with Dol Arrah’s divinity and thus nearly impervious
10. Are you right- or left-handed?
Right-handed as is appropriate for the sword-arm of my goddess
11. What does your voice sound like?
Strong, commanding, and righteous Everyone else says: Belligerent
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
ONWARD! and DO YOU KNOW WHO THE F@#! I AM
13. What do you have in your pockets?
Money; betting stubs; dice; a couple of stones(in case I feel like throwing one)
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I’m very quick to act and to anger; some say I’m vain and strangely fixated on fame and glory
Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general?
It was good, I suppose; though my siblings were such pests, always tattling on me and sucking up
16. What is your earliest memory?
Much blurs together, but I will never forget the first time I heard of my great, great, great, uncle Sir Breyton
17. How much schooling have you had?
18. Did you enjoy school?
19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
Most of what I know comes from the my tutors and the seminary but the best comes from divine presents such as this…Reverently shows you a worn Dol Arrah coloring book
20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
Yes, the best! My thrice great uncle, Sir Breyton, a heroic paladin of Dol Arrah; I never knew him, but he was a friend of King Jarot, the last king of Galifar and in the last war he fought bravely against the evil Emerald Claw and their undead minions.
21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
Not so well all my father wanted me to do was behave and study business, my siblings were like spies, reporting my every move. My mother was the nicest, though she belittled my “quest for justice and good”, laughing as if it was a game…I’m telling you I really did sense something sinister about that nanny.
22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?
Of course, my self instructed combat training, you must be ready to strike evil always
24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
Strikes a valiant poseLeadership, determination, cunning and courage
25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
My parents wouldn’t let me play with other kids, they thought I might embarrass them or worse hurt the child of the wealthy or powerful
26. When and with whom was your first kiss?
One must stay away from that sort of thing if you want to be a great paladin
27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
Yes, a holy knight is at his best only when he protects himself from succubi
28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
For as far back as I can remember I have been training to fight evil
Part 3: Past Influences
29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
The day I learned my destiny
30. Who has had the most influence on you?
Sir Breyton Corleis d’Orien
31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My self ordainment as Dol Arrah’s champion
32. What is your greatest regret?
Though successful, my assault on Lady Omarun’s forges and the slaughter of so many of my loyal peasants(even though they were terrible fighters) but I don’t blame myself, I blame the inevitables,they should have shown up from the get go and then I wouldn’t have been forced to recruit.
33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
I have never done evil
34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
Yes, there are simply too many laws of man getting in the way of my mission
35. When was the time you were the most frightened?
I am never frightened
36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
When I was a boy and my planned to vanquish my nanny was stopped by my mother who then ordered the nanny spank me in front of my siblings and they laughed…I saw the nanny smile as she did it, I knew she was evil
37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
Just one I will change them all, no one will question my word when I…
38. What is your best memory?
The look on that smug father Hagro’s face at the seminary when I channeled divine energy effortlessly on my first attempt and he was so sure I was retarded, WELL WHO’S RETARDED NOW
39. What is your worst memory?
When my father heard I had manifested the mark of passage at the seminary and he came to take back home…I know father Hagro was behind him finding outTop
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
I’m very optimistic
41. What is your greatest fear?
Living an ordinary life, unable to stop the powers of evil
42. What are your religious views?
Dol Arrah all the way, without her light we would have nothing, not even the other gods could exist in total darkness
43. What are your political views?
They say power corrupts; well, most politicians stand on the verge of evil
44. What are your views on sex?
It saps your strength and power, it’s for the weak
45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
Sovereign’s yes! Slaying evil is my mission
46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
There are no gray areas in this, evil is evil without grades or levels and it must be stopped. Law is another matter and the only one that matters is divine
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
I will never know but I have my suspicions
48. What do you believe makes a successful life?
Glory, drive, and belief
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
You’ll know what’s on my mind, I assure you
50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
I hate evil, sahuagin, the death’s gate “explorer” guild and dirty people
51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
Evil, fornication, and standing aside doing nothing
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
Part 5: Relationships With Others
53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.) Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
I’ve been told I am rather brash and rude but those people just don’t understand how busy the life of a paladin is, niceties are a luxury I cannot afford
54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Dol Arrah is the only one I care about
55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
My hero, Sir Breyton
56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.
No, the closest I have are my compatriots and I rather dislike a few of them
57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
No temptress will ever slow me down
58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
I love my goddess, Dol Arrah
59. What do you look for in a potential lover?
I have forsaken love to fight evil
60. How close are you to your family?
Not very, they don’t see the world as I do
61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
The church supports me in time of need and Dol Arrah is always with me
63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
I am the protector
64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
All the good of eberron would, then who would protect them
65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
hmmm, that’s a tough one there are many…
66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I never back down from a fight, my beliefs are far too important
67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
Most of the time yes, I am very persuasive but some things are just beneath my purpose
68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
Quite, a larger group allow me to reach more people with my message
69. Do you care what others think of you?
All shall know who I am and what I’m about
Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
I have started to brew so to speak, have you heard of Glorian’s God Water
71. What is your most treasured possession?
My holy texts_once again shows you the old coloring book_
72. What is your favorite color?
Gold, but really anything shiny; did you know if you gather a substantial horde in life the Sovereigns will grant you life as a dragon upon death. I was unaware too until I met with the priest in Stormreach; they don’t teach any of the good stuff in the seminary.
73. What is your favorite food?
I don’t rate food though I could recommend some fine restaurants though they may be out of your price range
74. What, if anything, do you like to read?
I hate reading
75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
Displays of martial skill and I’m a sucker for a good explosion
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
I am a connoisseur of wine, now that’s something I could give you some recommendations of
77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
A nice meal, drinks maybe some gambling; though many Saturday’s I’m fighting in the Red Ring, so then it’s just gambling(on me of course) and drinks to celebrate
78. What makes you laugh?
Evil ones thinking they can be the victors
79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
These people preaching “subtlety”, more like not doing anything if you ask me
80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
Pop a cork or too and see where it takes me
81. How do you deal with stress?
I destroy the stressor and I usually feel better
82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
Spontaneity isn’t a plan?
83. What are your pet peeves?
Idleness, only the dead should remain still
Part 7: Self Images And Etc.
84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
Everyday I wake up at sunrise to pray to Dol Arrah, followed by some quick weapon drills. These are not an option, I will not change this routine.
85. What is your greatest strength as a person?
86. What is your greatest weakness?
I’ve been told humility
87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would really like to be a dragon
88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
89. Are you generally organized or messy?
90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
No one is better at fighting, drinking and drawing on the divine(but that’s more to do with Dol Arrah’s love for her favored son)
I’m not very good at subltity, showing restraint and thinking of things I’m not the best at
91. Do you like yourself?
Of course, wouldn’t you
92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)
My reasons for everything are plain, I’m Dol Arrah’s champion and her will be done
93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
To be greatest good the world has ever known
94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Having saved the universe, atleast once, I will be a hero who everyone knows of vast wealth and power
95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
Valiantly fighting the forces of evil like Sir Breyton
96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
Pray, smack Selwin, and destroy as much evil as I can and drink
97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Being the greatest paladin ever
98. What three words best describe your personality?
Spontanious, courageous, and righteous
99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
Brash, belligerent and delusional
100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)
Keep on being AWESOMETop